From simple campgrounds with a fire pit and log seating to more complete campgrounds with a concrete pad and all the utilities, JC Parks offers several camping options – Just Outside Your Door.
Positioned along the northern bank of the Missouri River, three primitive camping sites are available for drop in stays. You’ll find them in the North Jefferson Recreation Area in close proximity to Carl R. Noren Missouri River Access, Katy Trail State Park, and the Missouri River pedestrian/bike bridge. Secure your spot upon arrival at the Trailhead Kiosk, located at Wilson’s Serenity Point.
Reservations may only be made for RV campsites. Call the Campground Host at 573-636-0665 if you have any questions or to secure your reservations.
Covered Picnic Table
Bring Your Y Attachment/Hose
No Reservations Accepted
Pay at Trailhead Kiosk
Includes Fire Pit
Includes Log Seating
Includes Picnic Table
Includes Lamp Pole
- There is a 2 car limit per site. If additional parking is needed for visitors, they must park at the bathhouse parking area or outside the campground gate by the empty field and walk to the campsite.
- The campground speed limit is 5 MPH.
- Do not burn trash in the fire pit. Dispose of ALL trash in the containers around the campground
- If you are a smoker, DO NOT throw butts on the ground around the campsite. Dispose of them in a container then place them in one of the trash cans located throughout the campground.
- Do not switch/change campsites without prior approval from the host.
- Tent camping is permitted with a 2 tent limit per site. No extended stay tent camping is allowed.
- All vehicles and trailers must be kept on paved surfaces at all times. Do not park in empty sites or in the mulched area of your site.
- Quiet hours must be observed between 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM. Authorities WILL be contacted if necessary.No campsite may be left unattended for over a period of 72 hours.
- No stay may extend beyond 14 days without an extended stay form being submitted and approved by the Program Manager for Outdoor Recreation of JC Parks.
- The gate may be closed between 10:30 and 11:00 PM, it will be reopened around 7:00 AM. You do not have a curfew and visitors do not need to be gone before it closes. It is NEVER locked, all we ask is that if it is closed when you get to it, please close it behind you.
- The use of firearms and/or fireworks is prohibited.
- Draining waste water or gray water on the ground is prohibited.
- Sewer hose collars are required.
- Open fires are not permitted, use the provided fire pits only.
- No cutting of trees, flowers or shrubbery is permitted.
*A deposit is required at the time of reservation. For extended stays, you must pay on time based on your payment schedule. Any late payment may result in immediate towing of your vehicle/camper.
Check-Out time is 11:00 AM, please do not ask for a late check-out. If you are at an event that will not allow you to be gone by the scheduled check-out time, let the hosts know that you will need to pay for a additional day.
A maximum of 3 pets are welcome at each campsite. Pets must be on a leash or in a pet kennel/carrier at all times. Pet owners must pick up waste immediately and dispose of properly. Pets may never be left outside unattended when campers are absent.
Bringing your own firewood is NOT permitted. This is to help prevent insect infestations, Firewood may be purchased at the check-in hut area, the cost is 10 pieces for $5.