Welcome to JC Parks Youth Day Camps!
We cannot wait for you to be a part of our camp family. Health, safety and fun are our top priority. We will send you an email the week before camp starts with all of the details and guidelines, but here are a few policies that we have for our day camp programs:
We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp or pool. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed.
- Sign up for our Youth Day Camp E-Newsletter!
- Join our JC Parks Youth Day Camps Facebook Group
- FYI: You must complete the questions AND agree to the rules in order to be approved to join the group.
Day Camp Pre-Registration
Everyone must pay the $15 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration is NOW open. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper’s t-shirt and ePACT medical form (form will be e-mailed after you complete this registration). Everyone will be contacted by e-mail regarding pick-up information.
The Pre-Registration is good for all JC Parks youth day camps between November 1, 2022 – October 31, 2023.
Day Camp Registration
NEW in 2023! We have made a few changes to the registration process so please ready carefully.
- Anyone registering for a JC Parks youth day camp between November 1, 2022 – October 31, 2023, must register and pay for the camper pre-regsitration by March 8, 2023. We strongly encourage everone to do this through our on-line regsitration so you are familiar with our system before you go to register for actual summer camps.
- Summer Camp Registration will be ON-LINE ONLY from March 13-31, 2023.
- Returning Camper Registration: March 13 – 19, 2023
- Open Registration: starts March 20, 2023
- If you have any trouble with on-line registration, please call our front desk at 573-634-6482.
IMPORTANT: We will take walk-in registrations for anyone that does not have access to a computer. We WILL NOT be taking any camp registrations over the phone as we have done in previous years.
Need Assistance Paying for Camp?
- Option 1: JC Parks Youth Day Camps have a contract with the State of Missouri Subsidy program to provide state childcare assistance to eligible families. All families must pay a portion of the Camp Fees, based on the sliding scale determined by the Department of Social Services (DSS) Family Support Division (FSD).
- Option 2: (JC Parks Scholarship) Please stop by the Linc or download the application here.
- All new scholarship applicants must apply for state assistance in order to receive scholarship assistance. If the state denies aid, this does not mean that the family is ineligible for our scholarship program
- Option 3: (Deferred payment plan) Just pay a $25 deposit per week per camp at the time of registration and pay the balance for all June camps by Monday, May 31; July camps by June 30; and August camps by July 31. Those using the deferred payment plan must sign an agreement at The Linc front desk (special registration will need to be taken for this).
2023 Summer Day Camp General Information
- Everyone must pay the $15 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration is NOW open. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper’s t-shirt, and ePACT medical form (form will be e-mailed after you complete this registration).
- Camper medical information must be submitted online before you can register for any day camp.
- In-house camp theme: Animated Adventures
- In-House (staffed, programmed and managed by JC Parks) Camps: Aqua Adventure Camp, Binder Adventure Camp, Camp Green Berry, Camp Frost, Camp Out N About, Little Picassos, Camp Unite, and Camp Wokka Wokka.
- All in-house camps are offered in one-week sessions. We ask that you limit your registration to a total of four weeks per camp.
- Please provide your child’s lunch/drink in a small cooler, as refrigeration is not available.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to Ellis-Porter Riverside, Memorial Park, McClung Park, The Linc, Green Berry Acres and Washington Park.
- Most camp registrations include daily public session swim/ice skating and field trips.
- Program registrations received after 5:00 pm on the designated deadline date are not guaranteed placement in camp. Fees will increase for those allowed to register after the deadline if space is available.
What's New for 2023?
NEW/CHANGES FOR IN-HOUSE CAMPS 2023:
- Camper Registration (please see tab above for details)
- Spring Break Day Camp is Back!
- March 27-31, 2023
- April 6, 7, and/or 10, 2023
- Attending summer school but need to send your child(ren) to camp on Fridays? Please contact Angie Toebben for more information.
- Camp Green Berry: we will be following a STEM cirriculum for this camp.
- Camp Wokka Wokka: grades K – 2 will be offered (we will no longer be accepting 3rd graders for this camp)
- Little Picassos: Grades offered will be 4th – 7th grade this summer.
- Camp Frost: will now alternate weeks between grades 1-6 and grades 2 – 7.
- We are currenlty requesting proposals for any outside camps that would like to offer a camp during any of the following weeks – please check back for updates as we know more:
- May 22 – 26, 2023
- May 30 – June 2, 2023
- July 3 – 7, 2023 (no July 4)
- August 7 – 11, 2023
- August 14 – 18, 2023
What to Wear/Bring
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen and bug spray.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with camper’s name.
- No electronics, radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we cannot be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.
- As many camps go swimming every afternoon, and we require clear bags for entry to the pool, all campers must have all of their items in an approved clear bag. Order a pool approved day camp clear back pack at a discount rate.