Welcome to JC Parks Youth Day Camps!
We cannot wait for you to be a part of our camp family. Health, safety and fun are our top priority. We will send you an email the week before camp starts with all of the details and guidelines, but here are a few policies that we have for our day camp programs:
We require a parent, guardian, or other designated individual to personally check each camper into and out of our day camp with a staff member each day. Please do not drop off your child in the morning or have your child meet you outside the camp or pool. We will not allow your child to leave without someone coming in to get him or her.
Please know that our camps are drug, alcohol and tobacco free zones. City policy prohibits us from holding or dispensing any prescription or over-the-counter medication either internally or externally. Our first aid policy only allows us to insure breathing, control bleeding and swelling. We cannot administer any medicine, either internal or external, under any circumstances. This includes salves, topical ointments, sting-ease, pain reliever, anti-ivy. We are permitted to assist your child in applying sun screen or insect repellant that he or she brings. In the unlikely event that your child is injured, we will contact you immediately with the details and asking for your guidance on further care, if needed.
Day Camp Pre-Registration
Everyone must pay the $15 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration is NOW open. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper’s t-shirt, a nature journal and CampDoc medical form (form will be e-mailed after you complete this registration). Everyone will be contacted by e-mail regarding pick-up information.
Day Camp Registration
Registration for ALL day camps begins March 23.
Friends of the Park Early Registration: Sign up to be a Friend of JC Parks by March 15 to have early access to day camp registration. Friends will be able to register early for camps on March 21-22.
- March 21: Registration will take place at The Linc from 10:30 am – 1:00 pm. We ask that everyone follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask. We will be taking registrations over the phone as well during this time slot by calling 573-634-6482.
- March 22: Registration will be taken in person at the front desk or over the phone between 8 am – 5 p.m.
2021 Summer Day Camp General Information
- Everyone must pay the $15 camp pre-registration fee before they can register for any day camp. This pre-registration is NOW open. This is a one-time fee that covers the camper’s t-shirt, a nature journal and CampDoc medical form (form will be e-mailed after you complete this registration).
- Summer in-house camp theme: Adventure Awaits
- In-House (staffed, programmed and managed by JC Parks) Camps: Aqua Adventure Camp, Binder Adventure Camp, Camp Green Berry, Camp Frost, Camp Out N About and Camp Wokka Wokka.
- Many camps are offered in one-week sessions. We ask that you limit your registration to a total of four weeks per camp.
- Camper medical information must be submitted online before you can register for any day camp.
- Please provide your child’s lunch/drink in a small cooler, as refrigeration is not available.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to Ellis-Porter Riverside, Memorial Park, McClung Park, The Linc, Green Berry Acres and Washington Park.
- Most camp registrations include daily public session swim/ice skating and field trips.
- Program registrations received after 5:00 pm on the designated deadline date are not guaranteed placement in camp. Fees will increase for those allowed to register after the deadline if space is available.
- Deferred payment plan for day camps! Just pay a $25 deposit per week per camp at the time of registration and pay the balance for all June camps by Monday, May 31. Those using the deferred payment plan must register in person.
What's New for 2021?
- Clear Bag Policy at the Pools (this rule will apply to camp kids as well)
- NEW CAMP! Aqua Adventure Camp – we are offering four weeks of water fun!
- Washington Park Day Camp is now Camp Frost.
- Showdown and Lego Camps will not be offered this summer due to potential travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Update to Cancellation/Refund Policy.
What to Wear/Bring
- Have your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. We plan on lots of hard play!
- Campers should wear play clothes and tennis shoes and bring a swim suit.
- Campers should bring their own lunch every day. We suggest that lunches be brought in coolers since we are unable to provide refrigeration. We recommend that sodas not be brought to camp and sodas will not be available for sale. Please do not bring glass containers of any kind to camp.
- Campers should bring and wear sunscreen and bug spray.
- Lunches, jackets, sunscreen, etc. should be marked with camper’s name.
- No electronics, radios or music players will be allowed at camp.
- To maintain our proper counselor/camper ratio, campers should not bring a friend to camp who is not enrolled in our program.
- Since we cannot be held responsible for lost valuables, we suggest that campers should not bring phones, any jewelry, watches, pocket knives or other valuables to camp.