JC Parks is proud of their camp staff. We are fortunate to have many staff members with education degrees and even several with a masters degree. We are truly a Camp Family – we love being part of a team and providing fun and active adventures for all of our camp kids. Camp staff is listed below by camp. Each staff member will have a bio and photo added as we get closer to camp season.
If you need to contact a day camp, please call the JC Parks main office at 573-634-6482. We will also have text sign up options by week (emailed out the week before camp starts). You will be able to text the camp staff once you sign up for this group text.
- Angie Toebben, Program Manager, all camps (contact Angie at 573-634-6491)
- James Reinkemeyer, Assistant Camp Manager, Camp Star
- McKenzie Bennett, Assistant Camp Manager, Aqua Adventure Camp, Camp Frost, Camp Out N About, Camp Green Berry, CIT Program
- Hi! I’m McKenzie Bennett! I’m a certified 6-12 Language Arts teacher and have had 8 successful years of teaching. I’ve also coached high school JV and Varsity volleyball for the last 12 years. I’ve worked for Parks and Rec for 15 years in various capacities from volleyball official, to concession workers, camp counselor, camp leader, field supervisor, and most recently WIPA assistant manager. I love kids and people, and I’m passionate about using my skill set as a service for all people!
- AJ Ferrell, Assistant Camp Manager, Binder Adventure Camp Level 1 and Level 2, Camp Wokka Wokka, CIT Program
- Hello everyone! I’m AJ! I am a high school English teacher at Versailles High School throughout the school year and a member of JCPR camp staff during the summer! My husband and I welcomed our twins last year at the end of July, and they definitely keep us on our toes! This summer will be my third year working camps, and my first year as Assistant Camp Manager. I am passionate about helping children discover their potential and encouraging them to be the best version of themselves that they can be. I look forward to overseeing Binder 1 and 2 this year and spending time with all of our awesome campers!
Aqua Adventure Camp/Camp Frost
- Sammie Struemph, Leader
- Hi! My name is Samantha Struemph, but you can call me Sammie. This will be my 6th year returning as a Parks and Recreation employee, but will be my first year working for our camps program! You will typically find me managing and teaching swimming lessons at both Ellis Porter Pool and MPFAC (Memorial Pool Family Aquatic Center), but this year I am excited to be working alongside the other camp staff to participate in our very first Aqua Camp Adventure. I love teaching kids about swimming and water safety and I will make any excuse to be outside to take a walk or just to sit in the sun. Can’t wait to spend some time with you all! 🙂
- Haley Hawkins, Assistant Leader
- Hi, I am a junior at Southeast Missouri State University. I am working toward a major in communication disorders and a minor in psychology. I have worked with parks and recreation for the past 4 years. I have been figure skating for the past 15 years. I am so excited to continue working with camp frost. I can’t wait to laugh learn and play with these kids!
- Cassie Beck, Counselor
- I am currently attending college at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. I plan to major in Communication Disorders and become a speech pathologist in the future. I have worked the past two summers as a lifeguard and swim instructor for JC Parks. I enjoy being outside and doing fun activities with friends.
- Xander Jones, Counselor
Binder Adventure Camp Level 1
- Meg Alexander, Leader Level 1
- Hi! I am so excited to spend my summer working for JC Parks. The JC Parks system heavily influenced my childhood, from swimming in the pools to playing at the playgrounds. I love interacting with others and have spent my adult career focused on becoming a strong leader and teacher. I graduated with my undergraduate and graduate degrees from Missouri State University, both of which were in English. I love swimming, my cat Samwise, reading books. Most importantly, I am so excited to hang out with your kids this summer!
- Kaleb Pecher, Counselor
- Madelyn Moellers, Counselor
- Hello! My name is Madelyn Moellers and I am currently a junior at the University of Central Missouri studying to get my bachelors degree in elementary education. Jefferson City is my home! I grew up going to both camp Out N About and Binder Adventure Camp and loved these! I have a passion for the outdoors, animals, and science and want to share these passions with youth and my future students. My goal is to work as an elementary school teacher in the Jefferson City school district, then work my way up to be a middle school science teacher. In my free time I also enjoy horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, and fishing. When the weather isn’t the nicest out, I enjoy journaling, drawing, and working on crafts. I have always loved working with kids since I can remember. Working at JC parks summer camps is the perfect opportunity to inspire and educate students while experiencing fun activities and the outdoors!
Binder Adventure Camp Level 2
- Carly James, Leader Level 2
- Hi my name is Carly James, and I am the Leader for Binder Camp 2. This will be my 8th year working for Jefferson City Parks. I am excited to spend my summer helping kids reach their fullest potential and enjoy the outdoors! When I am not working camps, I am a Speech Language Pathologist servicing students in schools.
- Noah Evers, Counselor
- Maddie Veltrop, Assistant Leader
Camp Green Berry
- Claire Muenks, Leader
- Hi! My name is Claire Muenks! I am a University of Missouri student majoring in Human Development and Family Sciences with a Child Life Specialist emphasis. My goal after college is to work with pediatric patients in the hospital, helping them cope with, understand, and distract them from their circumstances, procedures, and/or diagnoses. While at school in Columbia I work at an in-home daycare. My hobbies include playing volleyball, taking walks, traveling, and being outside in the warm sunshine! This will be my third summer with camps and I am so excited to be back. I can’t wait to see some familiar faces, meet new ones, and make great memories along the way!
- Paige Crumbley, Counselor
- Hi, my name is Paige Crumbley! I graduated from Jefferson CIty High School in 2020 and currently go to Lincoln University to study agriculture with an emphasis in animal science. When I graduate I plan on going to Mizzou vet school, and opening up my own dog sanctuary. This will be my second summer with JC Parks. I enjoy playing with my dogs, being outdoors, and spending time with friends and family. I am super excited to work with your kids this summer!
- Sierra Sankey, Counselor
- My name is Sierra Sankey, and I have been with JC Parks for three years and am excited to work a fourth! I previously worked as a lifeguard at memorial pool for two years and a head guard for one. I taught swimming lessons all three years at the pool as well to all different age groups. I also work at the ice arena going on four years. I graduated from Fatima High school in 2020 and am now attending Missouri State University in Springfield to study Criminology and Criminal Justice. In my spare time, I love to swim, go biking, and do crafts. I hope to have a lot of fun this summer with the campers!
Camp Out N About
- Brenton Wrigley, Co-Leader
- Kara Beckett, Co-Leader
- Hi, I’m Kara! I’m super excited to be a counselor this year! I just graduated from New Bloomfield and I will be attending Central Methodist University to play golf and to major in Biology and Chemistry. This is my first year as a full time counselor and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve participated in Jefferson City Parks and Rec programs since I was little and I was one of the very first participants in the CIT programs when i was 12 years old! I love working with kids, being outdoors, and playing all sports. I am super excited to work with your kids and excited to see what the summer holds!
- Josh Copeland, Counselor
- My name is Josh Copeland and I just graduated from Jefferson City High school. I wrestled and played football. I will be attending Mizzou next fall and plan on majoring in Business Management. I am currently working at Oscar’s Classic Diner as a server, host and busboy. In my spare time I enjoy working out, playing pickup basketball, and spending time with my friends. This will be my first year helping with the camp, but I can’t wait to make new friends and be a part of the staff that used to give me such an awesome experience when I attended them when I was younger.
- Jermarcus Perkins, Counselor
- Hi, I’m Jermarcus and I’m going to be a new summer camp counselor this summer. I am currently a student at Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri. I’m majoring in Wellness with an emphasis in kinesiology. I plan to stay in Jefferson City for a year or two years after graduation. I graduate in May 2021. I love working with children, doing crafts, playing games outside, and meeting new people!
Camp Wokka Wokka
- Sarah Hirst, Leader
- Hi my name is Sarah and I am so excited to be back full-time at Camp Wokka Wokka this summer! I have an undergraduate degree from Saint Louis University in occupational science and I am currently working on my masters degree in occupational therapy. This will be my third year at Camp Wokka Wokka and my fourth year working at the camps for JC Parks and Rec. I love sports, hiking, crafts, games, and essentially any outdoor activity! I cannot wait to make camp fun and unforgettable for every child that attends!
- Maddie Jones, Counselor
- Hello! My name is Maddie Jones! I will be a junior at Missouri State University in the fall, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I am hoping to begin working on an Accelerated Masters Degree in Early Childhood and Family Development soon. My goal after college is to teach elementary, although, I can’t decide which grade is my favorite. I have loved every classroom I have gotten to observe so far! I hope to earn my Master’s Degree and be able to move into educational nonprofit work one day. While at school, I work for the YMCA’s Before and After School Care Program. My hobbies include playing sand volleyball and soccer, hiking, taking my dogs for walks, and doing anything to be outside on a beautiful day! This will be my first summer with JC Parks Camps, and I am so excited to meet each of you and have a blast! I can’t wait to spend the summer making memories with new friends!
- Jarrett Lamons, Counselor
- Hello! My name is Jarett and I’m very excited for this summer! I’m currently attending South Callaway Highschool in Mokane MO. Camp has influenced me to go down the education route in my future career. This will be my fourth year working camps with parks. All of my work experience comes from camp. The other kids your child will meet here might be their life-long friends. We vary in games we play so that everyone gets a chance to play. I’m happy to say that I’ve never worked with such an amazing staff! Cannot wait for summer 2021!
- Emily Zerr, Counselor
- Hi, I’m Emily and I’m so excited to be returning to Camp Wokka Wokka this summer. I am currently a student at the University of Missouri in Columbia. I’m majoring in Health Sciences with an emphasis in Rehabilitation Sciences and a minor in Psychology. I plan to go to graduate school to become a Pediatric Physical Therapist because I love working with kids. I love hiking, volleyball, doing crafts, playing games outside, and meeting new people! I made so many amazing memories with your kids last summer and I can’t wait to make even more this summer!
- Sam Helton, Leader
- Hi! My name is Samantha Helton, and this is my 4th year working at JC Parks summer day camps. During the school year, I work in a school as a Speech-Language Pathologist, which I enjoy immensely. In my free time I enjoy camping, hiking, running, spending time with my friends and family, and doing anything that involves using my creativity. Camp is always a blast, and I look forward to what this summer has in store!
- Emily Sporleder, Counselor
- Hi! My name is Emily Sporleder. I am a 2021 graduate of Blair Oaks High School and I will be attending the University of Central Missouri in the fall to pursue a Master’s degree in Dietetics and run track. This is my third year with Parks and Rec, but my second year as a counselor at Camp Star. For the past five years, I have volunteered with the Special Olympics of Missouri which is something that I absolutely love! In my spare time, I enjoy running, hiking, reading, eating, and just being outdoors. I’m beyond excited to be a part of Camp Star and to share all the fun that comes with it!
- Valerie Holt, JC Parks Intern
- Hi! My name is Valerie Holt, and I am very excited to be working at Camp STAR this year. I am an upcoming junior at St. Louis University where I am studying International Studies and minoring in Spanish and Economics. I graduated from Jefferson City High School in 2019 where I served as an A+ tutor for the Special Services class. I was very involved in Student Council in high school, and we partnered with Special Olympics Missouri in many different ways. I have a lot of experiencing interacting with children from being a babysitter, teaching swim lessons, volunteering at day camps, and much more. This is my first year at camp, and I am very excited. I look forward to interacting with your children and having a great time at camp!
- Katie Ruth
- Hi, I’m Katie! I will be a senior at the University of Missouri where I am majoring in biology. In my free time I enjoy running, traveling, and hiking. I am excited to be back for my 3rd summer and make more camp memories!
- Riley Acs
- Alex Fortman
- Hello! I’m Alex Fortman and this will be my third year with camps. I am a senior at University of Missouri – Columbia where I am majoring in a BS in psychology. I work at the ice arena all-year round, but I enjoy some time out in the sun. So excited to work for the camps again this year!
- Jake Hoke
- Hi my name is Jacob Hoke and I will be be attending Truman State University this year as a freshman. This is my 2nd year with JC Parks but my first year with the summer camps. I have 3 years with child care under my belt as I’ve done that as a part time job during my high school career. I hope to recognize some old faces as well as to get to know new ones as well, and I also hope to make the camps as enjoyable as possible.
- Megan Distler
- Hey, everyone! My name is Megan Distler and I am so excited for another summer with our camp kids! This will be my fifth summer with Parks and Rec, having spent the past four years with Camp Out N About as a counselor and camp leader. When I’m not at camp, you can often find me in the gym, playing or coaching volleyball! During the school year, I work in Special Education at Blair Oaks Elementary and serve as the head volleyball coach for the Lady Falcons. I look forward to working with summer camp again this summer!
Spring Break Day Camp
- Jackie Wieberg, Leader
- Intern, Counselor
- Intern, Counselor